Set up a Cosmostation Wallet to use on the CUDOS chain
This is a guide to help you set up the Cosmostation wallet extension using a Chromium-based browser. In this case, we will use Google Chrome. The guide will also cover options for adding the CUDOS chain to your Cosmostation once this is created so you can see your CUDOS tokens in your wallet.
- Add the wallet extension to your browser from the Chrome Extension Store.
- For ease of access, here is a link to the extension. Always make sure you install the extension from the official extension store.
- Add the extension by clicking on Add to Chrome button.
- Add an existing Cosmostation account or create a new one.
- If you are creating a new account, we recommend you check the official support source for more information.
- If you are adding an exisiting account we recommend you check the official support source for more information.
To create a new account:
- If you have an existing wallet, choose to import it. In this example, we will create a new Wallet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Give your account a name.
- Note down the generated 12 or 24 words in the order they appear. You must save the words securely as these are the key to your wallet and recovery in case of loss.
- Type in the required words.
- Select the chains you want to add to your Cosmostation. Use the search bar or search the list for the CUDOS chain and toggle this on. You can add more chains later on after you create the wallet and are logged in.
- Set a strong password. A bad actor could take possession of your account if your password is compromised, so make sure you set a strong one and save it in a safe place.
Done! Your Cosmostation wallet is now created.
NB! In case you remove the CUDOS chain from your wallet and wish to add it back, follow the steps below:
- To add the mainnet chain id to your wallet, navigate to the CUDOS Dashboard and connect your Cosmostation.
- Approve the transaction to add the chain to your wallet.
- Optionally, you can now search for your CUDOS address in the wallet. Open your Cosmostation and switch to the wallet view. In the chain menu, search for CUDOS and select it. The wallet address starts with cudos1.
- You can follow the same steps to add the testnet chain id as well. Navigate to the CUDOS Testnet Dashboard instead.
⚠️ Remember, your tokens aren't stored in your wallet; they are stored on the blockchain. So always keep your mnemonic phrase safe. No support agent will ever ask for it, and bad actors can deprive you of your funds if the phrase is compromised.