Create messaging dApp
In this tutorial, we are going to build a simple messaging dApp created by Aishat Akinyemi. This tutorial uses Cudos Blast.
The messaging dApp will do the following:
- Display a message "hello world"
- Allow a user to interact with a reply of their choice.
- The account will only a single reply.
- Trying to reply more than once will return an error.
Here's what it looks like:
00 What you need to get started
- Go (Install Go and set Go Path)
- Basic understanding of Rust
- Node.js min 14.15.0 max 16.10.0
01 Install Cudos Blast
- Run the following command to install Cudos Blast.
npm install cudos-blast -g
- Check it installed okay.
Usage: blast <command> [arguments] [command options]
blast init Create a sample project
blast compile Compile the smart contracts in the workspace in
blast rusttest Run smart contracts' rust tests
blast node Manage a local CUDOS node
blast run <scriptFilePath> Run a single script
blast keys Manage node's accounts (keys)
- Create a new directory for your project and initial a blast project.
Success! Sample project initialized in ~/projects/new-project
- Open in your favourite code editor e.g. Visual Studio Code
Open Contracts and Delete Beta.
Rename Alpha to your project name e.g. newproject